30 March 2011

American Idol: Top 11 Part 2

11 are competing again tonight, but this time 2 are going home. Tonight's blog may be shorter than usual because I have somewhat of a headache. Random I was just thinking of when they all sing together and they are lip syncing. I don't think I mind lip syncing anymore, and I know this may seem bad but the Spice Girls lip sanc all the time! But the thing is their music makes me happy and Victoria Beckham's solo material does to, so to quavel over lip syncing takes away the music. As long as you know they can really sing because you've heard them live before ... you know? the theme is Elton John




Ryan is wearing you know what, but what I can comment on is his new haircut. It's nice.




Jennifer is wearing a purple sequined dress that looks like it is mimicked by Victoria Beckham's collection, but I don't think it's one of hers. her left shoulder is bare as the dress only goes over her right shoulder.




Randy is wearing a simple black outfit, black shirt, black pants.




Steven is wearing a black over coat with a black and white flower shirt. His pants are also black I believe. This week his outfit is safe, so that may send him home (LoL ;)..)




Scotty was first. He chose Country Comfort. He's wearing very tight Jean pants, a leather jacket and Lord knows what the shirt is because his jacket is zipped up. I have never heard this song before but he's done a good job.




Naima was second. She chose 'I'm Still Standing.' She's wearing a white pair of tight pants with a white vest for a top. She turned this song into a reggae form, and I like it because it is different. Her red shoes match the red stripes on her outfit. Personally, this is her best performance to date for me!




Paul was third. He chose 'Rocket Man'. Man, I just know i'm gonna be listening to some Elton John music after the show! LoL Um what is he wearing. A white tux with with pink flowers. Some of the flowers seem to be maroon as they are matching his button up under shirt. His performance tonight is definitely unique and i'm thinking that he needs some more training. He's still very cute though.. The flowers also go down his pant leg.




Pia was fourth. She chose "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me." she's wearing a sequined silver dress, short above the knee, with sleeves that go to the wrist. I tink there's some stones in the design and if i'm not mistaken, this is the kind of dress that J-Lo wore earlier in her career? She killed it! (in the good way).



Stefano was fifth.He chose 'Tiny Dancer.' They really need to give him tighter pants (LoL) if it's slightly bagging in the back, it's not tight enough! (Haha) He's wearing a grey vest with a white button-up undershirt and white trainers. I think they should have him wear more modern clothes, because he looked so cute when he was wearing them in his intro. He did a good job, some of the notes took my breath away.




Lauren was sixth. She chose 'Candle In The Wind,' the version for Marilyn Monroe. I have loved this version for a long time, so I can tell you that it's not karaoke. She's wearing a simple black dress. She did a very good job on the sound.


James was seventh. He chose 'Saturday Nights Alright For Fighting." He's wearing a leather vest with black pants and black pants that have slits at the knees. he's wearing several necklaces and I can't get a good look at his undershirt. I sure hope he's not DAMN! he leaned back and I got an amazing crotch shot! LoL anyway, hhe's also wearing a red, blue and grey scarf. his shirt seems to remind me of a map? He did great. Tonight sounded different from Adam Lambert.




Thia was eighth. She chose 'Daniel.' She's wearing a baggy white dress has tiny holes in parts. This has always been one of my other favourite songs from Elton, and I think she did a pretty good job. There were pitchy parts, and I wonder if her ability to just standing the same place may hurt her tomorrow.




Casey was ninth. He chose 'Your Song.' what the devil was up with his arms flappin on his catwalk?? (LoL) He finally got rid of the majority of his wild beard. It looks nice now. It's nice to hear him not always growling through a song! This is a great performance from him. Amazing last couple notes. Didn't know he could do that! Very good! Wow I totally forgot to talk about his outfit! LoL. He's wearing a tux that is a bit easy goin, with an untucked theme and even slightly unbuttoned. His shoes are black, this kinda works.




Jacob was tenth and he chose 'Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word.' Mary J Blige came onto the show to surprise Jacob. Mary J Blige has to be one person that I really respect. Now i'm starting to see how posting a blog about your favourite songs and albums can be a bad thing because in my post about music from 2000-2005, I forgot so many artists that I love! (LoL). (If you are lost, i am referring to my previous post on music from the first 5 years of music, for the first decade of this millennium.
He started out making this sound like a slightly haunting song. He makes it sound good through a voice that could imply he is crying. He's wearing a grey tuxedo jacket with black pants. His undershirt is black with a red hanging tie on the right.. His performance is very good, the only thing I would change is that he should walk around the stage more.




Hailey was eleventh and final. She chose 'Bennie & The Jets.' There's a line about killing the fatted calf, i'd probably change the lyrics at that part too, 'We won't be killing the fatted calf tonight because i'm a vegetarian.' (LoL!:P). Her dress is multi colored and difficult to explain. It's a mixture of greens and blues and has flowers designs all over it. She did great! :p.

1 comment:

  1. I cant really recall anybody outfits aside from Pia (she looked gorgeous!!) Paul (LOL He reminds me of country western singers with the way he dresses), and Lauren (Hahaha loved what Steven said to her about buying the rest of the dress..too funny!).

    I hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete