10 March 2011

American Idol Top 13 Elimination Night

I'm so enjoying the ability to grade what the contestants are wearing, and my last blog about Sixteen Magazine was exceptionally fun for me.

Once again, Ryan Seacrest is wearing a simple tux with a tie. Not much to grade there.

I think I saw that one person is being sent tonight and then it'll be the top 12.

Oo! Jennifer Lopez came out wearing a smashing light brown skirt with a white belt! her top, is a simple white top that goes over her left shoulder and under her right arm. A very smart look! The white top also has a unique design of silver circles. I can't think of what they are at the second, but it's a cute top.

Steven Tyler's style is always unique. He has these thin strands of transparent fabric coming down from his waist. The rest of his outfit is simple black and he's wearing what seems to be a unisex blue scarf that is very long, which is a plus for me! I have only seen women wearing these, so it's refreshing to see a male in the spotlight wearing these.

Randy Jackson seems to be wearing a leather jacket, aside from the possibility of leather, it looks okay. His shirt is white with a pink cloud in the middle.

Amanda Seyfried was wthere promoting 'Red Riding Hood,' and she is one of my new favourite actresses. She was wearing this simple, revealing black dress with shpes on them. I couldn't really tell what the shapes were, but eat shape was a different color. I saw blue and yellow, but i'm wondering what other colors were there...

The top 13 came out singing a Michael Jackson mix. This is so sad though, because they WERE ALL LIP SYNCING! Just like last year. This is not a good way to showcase talent. I can go on stage and shake my body too, but that doesn't mean I can sing! Lip syncing is not talent, so I am disappointed for this part of this competition now. This seems to be a fairly new concept, so i'm not sure if this is something that Simon Cowell would have approved of. What's the point of having a competition if there's gonna be lip syncing? Do the judges wanna see how well the contestants can fool people? Lusk already screwed up by pretending to belt far too long :-/. O well. at least I can still judge what they are wearing. They went on to promote 'Red Riding Hood,' and it was obvious to me they showed the Idol's opinion of the movie because they want us to fall in love with the contestants. A couple more hot crotch shots, and i'm all in! :p

Jacob, Karen, Stefano, were the bottom three tonight

Jacob is wearing a white-ish pink-ish jacket that looks leathery with a blue undershirt. V neck. doesn't match at all! Sorry. His shoes are silver on top white on bottom with black pants. her shoes were also black, but you can see the top of her foot and her toes.

Karen is wearing gorgeous earrings from what I can see. I think that Leather is still "IN" because I keep seeing celebrities wearing it. she is wearing a pink undershirt with flowers. I love the shirt, it's cute. She was also wearing black shoes. The only thing I liked about her ensemble tonight was the pink shirt with black flowers.

Stefano was wearing what looked like a polyester hoodie with cotton on the inside. A gold thin necklace that most gangsters would wear, as well as a type of skater shoes. I'm not much for the shoes, but only because I usually wear the other kind of skater shoes where the lip doesn't go up the ankle. Mine are usually the ones that end at the ankle or just above them.

One of the commercials during the break was the one for AT&T with the creepy mother being inconsiderate and having her parents take her daughter's room. (:p) I say inconsiderate because a teenage girl needs her own room, but logic would make me assume that she now has to share a room with the younger sister she was sitting next too at the table. That commercial always makes my stomach boil for some reason (LoL).

Adam Lambert is here to perform a song that he wrote. One of my favourites, "Aftermath!" because it SO supports gay rights in a way. He is wearing multiple necklaces and a ring. Simple black circular earrings. A tux jacket that doesn't really go with anything, but it's okay. Seems a bit tight though. His shirt choice, or whoever chose it is white shirt with stars at the top. They keep going so fast I can't see what is at the bottom of the shirt. :-/ His pants seem to be grey dress pantss, tight enough to see a bulge, but he's not really my type. His guitarist has epic wild hair! I love it. Very emo, but artistically. His shirt seems to say "Above us is the wave,' with a smokey grey background. Kool shirt, but i'm still more in love with the clothes that David Archuleta wears. I almost had the chance to buy one shirt they gave him, but decided not to because I like my own unique style. I respect him even more now, he dedicated the song to "The Trevor Project." AND IT MAY BE HIS NEXT SINGLE! I'm so happy!

They showed the 'Red Riding Hood' commercial again, and since I love Amanda Seyfried's acting, i'm not objecting, but they don't have to keep showing it to convince me to go see the movie LoL. I have seen her last two good movies, "Dear John" & "Letter's To Juliet." Oh, I feel in love with her Juliet movie. I often have to remind myself that movies are just movies though, but I always hope the good messages in the good movies I enjoy could possibly come to real life, but alas, as some of the people I know proved to me recently; World peace has not yet come to us.

Lauren, Ashton and Hailey were called down.

Lauren is wearing an off white dress with a and her earrings are thin, silver and large circles. Love 'em! Her jacket accessory is a tan very short sleeved look. She has a black ring that is very oval. Her shoes are high heels where the bottoms are black and the long top part is silver cotton, it appears.

Ashton is wearing the same earrings as Lauren, a top that is hot pink, with an upper half that looks like drapes for a kitchen, but looks okay because her top goes angular from right shoulder to under left arm. Her pants are black and so were the shoes.

Hailey has some white feathers dangling from her ears, but has a very mystical top on. It looks somewhat like Lace, i'm gonna say? I may be wrong on that, so chastize me! Her top seems to be one without sleeves, but has orange on the top, white and the a purple kooky design at the bottom. Blue jeans and couldn't see the shoes because BOLLOCKS! The rest are safe because Ashton and Hailey joined the bottom three...I wonder how I can finish this now since they aren't dragging it out :-/.

I understand this was probably because of possible complaints for the slow process of revealing the bottom three or who's going home, but one thing I was looking forward too was being able to do a commentary on the fashion. :-/.

I don't have anything against black men or P. Diddy himself, but his outfit isn't really worth describing because it doesn't coordinate well at all. Not too fond of this song either about coming home. This is such a downer because I think they are gonna go straight to the elimination.

I think i've decided that i'm only gonna do fashion commentary on the episodes where there isn't an elimination. Especially with this twist in the works now. :-/ Sorry for an incomplete fashion commentary.

They sent Ashton home.

I didn't put pictures because this is incomplete, for me.

1 comment:

  1. I love Steven's style. So unique =)

    I really didnt like anybody's outfit tonight, though I didny really get a good look either =/

    I hope they never ever do another results show like they did tonight!

    Oh Adam Lambert did look very nice!

    ReplyDelete