01 April 2011

David Archuleta Dropped From His Label

I know this may seem to go against something I said in a vlog about how sometimes if we absorb ourselves with what celebrities are doing, it implies we have no life; as I explained in that vlog, though, I was referring to the personal lives of famous people, not what they are doing for their profession. That doesn't really mean I don't know what happens in the lives of certain celebrities. Some things I don't mind knowing, like if one of my favourite singers or actors/actresses is having a baby or getting married, but I don't need to know if they are going out to a club.

One artist that's worth following has been David Archuleta. The year he was on American Idol, Fox 11 had been dropped from Time Warner Cable because of a funding issue, so I couldn't watch the season he was on. It was the first year I got interested in Idol, so I tried to keep up on all his performances after a friend, who turned into my current bo, turned me onto David's voice. It's as beautiful as he is, inside and out. I'm glad I bought a copy of his second cd, because it's availability may dwindle soon.

I read that that his self titled debut sold near or above 1,000,000 copies. His second cd sold a modest 67,000. From what I understand, if your album sells less than a couple hundred thousand, you can get dropped and I had been wondering why there wasn't a second music video coming out yet. I've listened to his music on 'The Other Side Of Down,' cd and I think they are all great. In his song, "Elevator," he hits a note that I don't think he hit on his debut. I'll continue to listen to his music and stay subscribed to him on his youtube channel but I don't know how many people know this, he actually manages his own account instead of having some manager do it for him. He also vlogs on there to let his fans know what is going on.

I can't remember now where I first read that Archuleta and his label parted ways, even though I just read it within 20 minutes ago, but I like how positive he is being about this.





I had the chance to watch this vlog when he posted it a couple weeks ago, but I kept telling myself I would watch it after I was done designing this house, or done writing that poem and I never got around to it. I thought it was cool though that he gave it the same name I had given one of my recent skits on youtube. I know he probably didn't get the idea from my video; I revert to thinking, 'small world.' I sure hope he continues to have the same inspiring positiveness and amazing personality as he continues his music career independently.

Peace <3 Hugs - Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment