23 March 2011

American Idol Top 11

Hello, it turns out that Karen was the one voted off this last voting sequence. I think the wrong person has been sent home because Karen's bilingual ability brought an interesting twist to Idol. I sure hope that she wasn't sent home because she didn't completely sing in English. I hope that this world realizes that English isn't the only language out there! For me, both of my choices have already been sent home. I guess I saw something that the majority of this country didn't, but that's okay. I hope that they are given a chance soon.

Tonight's theme is Motown and they started out in black and white. A nice touch. Naturally, Ryan Seacrest came out in a typical tux and even the tie is black, so i'm not sure i'll do much fashion commentary on hi anymore. Jennifer Lopez came out wearing this fetching sequined long sleeved pink top with a sequined white shirt. Very fetching as well! I just love her blue eyeshadow! Steven Tyler's top jacket looks much like the peace/70s one he was wearing last week. This week, his top has a cougar spots theme with a sabor tooth on his necklace. A black vest completes this look. I've also noticed that the feather is gone ... thank goodness. Randy is wearing a simple white undershirt and a vest-like sweater with a chrome-like design of black pieces on top of the two white patches going down the front.

Casey Abrams is up first. He's singing "I heard It Through The Grapevine," by Marvin Gaye. The only song i've heard by Gaye is 'Let's Get It On,' so this'll be interesting. He's wearing a simple tux with a maroon button-up undershirt; with black shoes. His outfit is rather simple for tonight, but his singing seems to sound really good with Motown. His voice is aggressive, unique and full of testosterone. The last note was really pitchy though, but that's nothing that practice couldn't help to fix. His performance was much better than his outfit. The outfit is far too simple; for me, this is a competition, not a wedding! (LoL) I've seen a picture of him without facial hair, and I think he should shave off his beard, but that's just my opinion.

Brian just realized that there are two contestants whose names rhyme with each other. Thia & Pia. I just made a VERY bad joke... "I drank some Thia and now I gotta Pia..." ... let's just move on... especially since I just found out you DO pronounce the H and it's not pronounced "Tia." Thia is next. ... awkward...

Thia is singing "Heatwave." by Martha & the Vandellas. I have always kind of like this song. Her outfit is simple, her skirt looks kinda like a kitchen window kurtain with 3 layers of fabric. It's light pink, with a top that makes a very brief appearance covering up her bosom.It's black. OOOH! HER NECKLACE IS SO FETCHING! A heart shape with multy colored gem stones. I would wear that even though it's clearly for women. Oh yea! Her shoes are black high heels. Her bracelets and earrings match the necklace. I would only wear the necklace most likely. Her performance was really good, i'd say.

Jacob is up next. Singing "You're All I need To Get By," By Marvin Gaye. I'm gonna have to look up some more of Marvin's songs because apparently, he has a lot of good ones. This is the second time that Gaye has appeared in this episode. Jacobs wearing a white tux over coat with a very nice multy colored tie. Blue(?) purplish-pink and white. The undershirt is a white buttoned up shirt with a tint of light light pink. His pants are black and his shoes match his tuxedo jacket. I'm getting a kick out of J-Lo bouncing in her chair to this performance! :p. Steven just went on stage to hug Jacob...LOL!!!! I agree this performance was SMASHING! I think i'm changing my mind about Jacob. I just hope that if he wins, he doesn't go Gospel. At least not completely. Loved the part where J-Lo said Jacob made us beg ... and she sounded like she was in heat! LMAO! OTFLMAO!!! The whole front row came up to hug Jacob! :p aww.

"You Keep Me Hanging On," by the Supremes was the song choice by Lauren. She has such an awesome voice. A great beginning, which'll make me forgive her for that zebra style dress. I think it's only missing one thing. It needs a couple streaks of pink in it. Her bracelets and earrings are diamonds and the earrings go down to her shoulders and beyond. She did great!

Stefano is up next. He's wearing a somewhat long white tuxedo jacket. black jeans that tighten around his thighs ... i'm thinkin 'yummy.' LoL! his eyes are really cute too. Maybe I was kinda negative about him for the past few weeks. He's chosen "Hello," by Lionel Ritchie. I like that his cockiness went away. He's cuter that way. His singing seems pitch-perfect and very emotional for this song. the last note was very good too. I'm not sure I get the idea o having a patch of facial hair under the chin instead of on it though :-/ hmm...i'm glad his eyes were open too. they are beautiful so to keep them closed is a sin...well not really, he's straight LoL. After hearing the judges say that he needs to add more feeling to his performance, I guess I agree, but not completely. It did sound like there was some emotion in the performance, but that's just me.

Hailey chose "You Really Got A Hold On Me," by Smokey Robinson & the Miracles. she's wearing some short black shorts that allow the majority of her legs show. Black high heels with straps on them to hold onto the ankle. Her hair looks a bit longer tonight because it's closer to her waist tonight. A white coat I can't really describe. the under shirt is black with a v neck. Her performance was more jazzy than Motown, I think. The performance was better than the outfit.

Scotty is next. 'For Once In My life' by Stevie Wonder is the song he chose. A cross for his necklace. Everything he's wearing is black. Black button up shirt, black pants, and black shoes. His performance puts a country twist, but i'm not sure if this is gonna pan out to be a good week for him. He did alrite.

Pia is up next. "All In Love Is Fair," by Stevie Wonder. She's wearing a ravishing black dress with a sequin pattern going along the back; there's a slit to allow her leg to show on the right. She's wearing large circular earrings with diamonds. her singing is beautiful. I don't know what else to say, i'm speechless.

Paul is next. They showed him in the studio and he looked so cute. The leather jacket needs to go though...unless it's faux leather, in which case, I wish there was an easier way to tell. Gawd, sometimes I wish I didn't care so much about animals because I annoy even myself about leather sometimes :-/ LoL? He came out wearing tight black pants . he neesds to turn around! LoLz. His hair is very wild, the hair needs to be changed. Ah, they just showed him from the back. Flat butt. LoL. His shirt is black as well. The guitar strap has interesting flowers on them. His voice is unique and different and i'm starting to like it.

:-/ not sure about the attempt to get people to vote LoL...

Naima is next. "Dancing In The Street," by Martha & the Vandellas. I just love her style, does anyone know what her style would be called if you wanted to get something like that? :p. I Naima is sounding a lot better this week! Her top is silver top that allows the reveal of skin onher arms, parts of her sides and a diagonal view of her stomach. Her pants are the same color, and I think they are called parachute pants. her shoes are ... SHE'S BAREFOOT! She threw in a interesting dance part where she just let loose and danced her life away. She was a bit pitchy in parts, I admit. Just saw when she barreled down the stairs that she's wearing a shitload of bracelets.

James chose Stevie Wonder's 'Livin' For The City.' I love the black and red evil theme.he's wearing a tux with chains on the shoulders. his undershirt is a simple grey vest and a grey undershirt. Black pants and black shoes.his signiture cross earing in the left ear. I think I know why they put him at the end. This is amazing. He still has the tail. I guess it's growing on me LoL. That was amazing!

I hope you have enjoyed my commentary. I decided not to include pictures tonight, because I think i've already used a the main ones they have available of the contestants. As a last note, J-Lo's hair looks amazing! I wonder if she likes that nickname again.

Peace <3 Hugs - Andrew.

2 comments:

  1. I didnt get a good look at their outfits tonight =/ The only person that really stood out to me was Lauren- I thought she looked gorgeous! Not the best looking dress in the world - but it totally flattered her :-)

    On a side note: I just love when Steven Tyler smiles. He has one of the best smiles on the planet. It's so genuine & seeing him smile makes me happy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LoL! Yea I like Steven's personality a lot. It's a shame we may never get to meet the people who are famous but actually cool and not just in it for the money. :-/

    ReplyDelete