06 April 2011

American Idol Top 9

Jennifer is wearing a simple white dress. Steven is wearing a retro silk-looking thin sleeved coat, it's really awesome. Randy is wearing a hideous black jacket. Not sure if it's leather, but it reflects light too much! Who gives the wardrobes on idol? Honestly! (LoL :p)
"Man In The Mirror," by Michael Jackson was Jacob's choice for tonight. It's obviously not karaoke. I like how he went over and sang with one of the background singers, though i'm not sure why there's background singers in a singing competition. His outfit is rather simple. It's all white and I guess it's alright. White pants with a white buttoned up top. Awesome! Turns out that the background singer he sang next to also wrote that song! I think he did a pretty good job for tonight, but if he were recording an album, I'm not sure if I would hand him this song to sing, but I might. It was a pretty good performance but i'm not sure if he sounded different this week compared to last week.


"Piece Of My Heart" by Janis Joplin was the choice by Hailey Reinhart. Yikes! Leather pants, but i'll get over it. They're showing her face mostly. she's wearing a dress that has different lengths to the skirt portion on the sides. It appears to be navy blue and aquamarine stripes that form diamonds. My boyfriend thinks it looks like she threw a bed sheet on. I thought it was an okay performance. The growls didn't exactly sound right with her voice, but it kinda worked. When Faith Hill covered this song, she didn't growl as much as Janis did, which made it her own. It was pretty good though, as I said.
"Have You Ever Seen The Rain?" by Creedence Clearwater Revival was the choice by Casey Abrams. This has always been one of my favourite songs. I have never known who sang it because there are so many songs, so little time. He's doing an epic performance! I love it. He's wearing a black vest with a gray striped button up shirt with a white collar. The stripes are a light gray and a dark gray, it seems. His pants are black. I think he nailed it! I really like Casey now! That bass cello is really unique and i've been hoping for someone to bring more instruments to mainstream again. Other than the harmonica.

Just realized that Steven MAY be wearing shoulder pads. Go 80s! LoL!


"Natural Woman" by Aretha Franklin was the choice by Lauren Alaina. She came out looking a bit like Miley Cyrus, outfit wise. Shoulderpads, a plad-ish under thing that could be described as a bathing suit from the 50s. black pants and leather shoes/boots. I'm not really much for this look and it's not just the leather. Maybe it just seems different for her because she usually wears more teeny-pop outfits, or maybe i'm wrong there, but that's how it seems for me. Suddenly she comes out wearing something very conservative, despite how the shorts show off her badonkadonk butt! haha. She did great. Great control of her voice, but I had Kelly Clarkson's performance in my head, and I still think hers was the best version on Idol, but that aside, Lauren did great!
"While My Guitar Gently Weeps," by George Harrison was the choice of James Durbin. It's a haunting song, and i don't really know what to say on ths vocals. they are good and I can't decide if this was a good song choice for him. He seems to be wearing a simple gray tux. I'm taken aback, but slightly disappointed at the same time. It was a good choice I think after thought.
"That's Alright Mama" by Elvis Presley was the choice of Scotty McCreery. He's really goin all in for a country look this week! Jean shirt and pants. This is such a tease, they make him look hot and sultry for the performance but he's 17. Grrr! Just to Generate ratings! LoL. He's doing really good I suppose and turnin this into a country song, though I have never been that crazy about Elvis Presley songs. At least not all of it, but Elvis does have a lot of good songs! I liked this performance for the most part. The whole thing of sounding like Josh Turner seems to be fading away!
"Ain't No Mountain High Enough," by Tina Turner was the choice of Pia Toscano. I hope this works well because she's stepping away with ballads lately. She's wearing a bed-sheet-like black and white suit(?). holy crap! she's rockin it and her voice is really workin well with this!! She did great! i'm blown away!! Oh yeah, large circular earrings and a chrome like layered necklace for her neck.
"When A Man Loves A Woman" by Percy Sledge was the choice of Stefano Langone. His false etto is very off this week! :-/ he looks very cute though. he's wearing all black so that makes it difficult to decipher his wardrobe but he has an amazing body! His other notes are very good though. His last note was just like his first ones though :-/ the middle was the best.
"Folsom Prison Blues" by Johnny Cash was the choice of Paul McDonald. This'll be easy. His hair is really wild, he's wearing a tux. Country style and his singing is really extreme, but his voice FINALLY seems great to me. Kinda hard to hear over my boyfriend talking and his son constantly talking about the performance though :-/ LoL (?). It's a good performance.

Peace <3 Hugs - Andrew

1 comment:

  1. I can remember Jacob wearing all white...which complimented his performance choice. Lauren's head look like a skunk crawled up their and died LOL..I didnt like her outfit. I wasnt crazy about Pia's either =/ I cant remember the others =/

    ReplyDelete