06 September 2011

The Chronicles Of Vladimir Tod: Eighth Grade Bites Book Review

I remember stepping into a Books & Co. while I was briefly in Beavercreek, Ohio. The most amazing bookstore I have ever seen in my life! Most bookstores i've gone into to peruse the shelves for a title that catches my eye, they're either quite dull (because of lack of selection) and/or they are so small that it's basically equivalent to a book section at Wal-Mart. Basically, I love me a large bookstore, especially like this Books & Co. that I was amazed to find out had a glorious staircase that took you to another floor of books; and this particular one in Beavercreek, OH is where I first met Vladimir Tod.

Vladimir was sitting on an end-cap on the 2nd floor in the Teen Fiction section. I remember being rather bored with a lot of titles. Some ranging from U.S. History (bleh, no thanks), to Religion (no comment), to cooking (you do not want me in your kitchen, even WITH a cookbook. Let's just say: 'Singed eyebrows' :D), to nonfiction and every other kind of random book you could think of...then, as said above, I spotted the Teen Fiction. Vladimir was sitting with a white background, wearing a black hoodie with a circular red skull and what appeared to be jeans. I opened the cover and read how Junior high really sucks for Vladimir and it went on to talk about how he had a secret and he doesn't want it to be exposed. Intruiged, I indulged myself and red the first chapter right there in the bookstore. I was hooked and bought the first two books in the series. There are 5 books in total now.

The positive things I have to say about this book is that Vladimir is both strong and very much with a HEART. There are cute, lighthearted moments as well that just capture your heart and make you smile as you keep reading and in some moments, where you can't help but get swept up in Vladimir's sad moments when he reflects on his parents with longing. And to no surprise, no book that i'm interested in would be complete within a villain, this one threatens Vladimir's very existence, but I shan't give too much away...you'll have to run out and buy the book! :D.

As far as downsides to the book, I don't really have anything to criticize. Anything that kept me wishing for more was fulfilled in the 2nd book. Yes, these are the ramblings of a devoted Vladimir Tod fan, to me, this story is flawless.

1 comment:

  1. Kitchen countertops replacement to assist you generate a color pattern and design which is complimentary all through the whole room.

    ReplyDelete