10 May 2011

The Voice: Blog One

This'll be interesting because I like the concept of this show more than the one for Idol. The series started out where they had to fall in love with the voice before finding out what they look like.I geeked out when they brought Reba out for Blake's team. Reba always looks amazing!!




Tonight, 2 singers perform the same song and only one of them survive the round. Taralyn Ramsey with Frency Davis was the first duo from Christina's team. They are singing 'Single Ladies by Beyonce. It's awesome hearing Christina singing without a microphone tonight. Her recent image is as breath taking as Reba's new image. Maybe she did have plastic surgery (Christina) but idc, she looks amazing, i'd say. The only thing I would say about Frency is that I wish she had hair and to never wear those large earrings again. She's wearing these large hoop earrings that are getting pushed around by her shoulders and it doesn't look good. This was during the rehearsals so i'm hoping she's not wearing them during the performance...but she is. Taralyn is wearing a lime greenish dress with this too-cute hot pink belt with a flower design with matching hot pink high heels. Frenchy is wearing a mostly black pant suit with a white patch throughout her right arm and into left shoulder.

And the performance ... isn't exactly doing it for me. I like Taralyn's voice more than Frenchy's but Frenchy had her moments during the performance. Blakes' comparing of the performance to a Rocky movie has been the most unique Judge mention. I truly hope that Taralyn advances. ... commercial ... shocked. I disagree with Christina because she chose Frenchy to Advance.





Blake chose Tyler Robinson and Patrick for his duo to sing the Elvis song which I missed the title from because my roomies kept talking again. I think it' s 'Burning Love.' This is the team where Reba came in and i'm uber jealous. I love country music, but the one thing i'd be afraid of is that one of my faves would ask me if i had a girlfriend or liked a girl and when I said, 'well i'm gay,' they reacted badly or somethin. That's the only thing I don't really like about Country music, most are Conservative and don't like gay rights. If I were a woman, i'd probably hope to look like her though. Her hair is always perfect. OH MY VLOD! Tyler is wearing this tuxedo that makes him look...horrible....commercial....

Patrick Thomas is kinda cute. Tyler is not bad looking. Tyler needs to work on not belting so much. He's wearing a gray sweater that is unbuttoned with a black vest over it and a white shirt under it. Tight jeans and black shoes I believe, but his cuteness isn't enough to win this round...Tyler's tuxedo is ruined by an outdated bow tie but Tuxedo outfits are outdated in general for me. I don't really like them. I don't know which to pick, it was okay but not amazing...I think they were both amazing. .... Blake chose .... Patrick. I can understand why despite his cuteness because Tyler belted way too much at times I think, though he did tone it down.





Tim Mahoney and Kacey Weston was the choice for Adam Levine's group. Their song is 'Leather And Leather' by Stevie Nicks, if i'm wrong lemme know. Kacey has beautiful hair, which isn't supposed to sound creepy. If Tim isn't willing to hit the False etto, that may make him not advancable to the next round. Adam wants him to hit a situation. Kacey was the one that sang 'Bubbly' by Colbie Callait, which didn't really win me over but only because I haven't been much for that song but I like some of Colbie's other songs. Though, admittedly, the first time I heard her name, I thought about Colby Cheese, but I digress.

Kacey is wearing a simple blue-green dress with a v neck and stops amid her mid thighs. Tim wearing a simple black outfit, black pants, shirt and hat. I'm on some country kick right now, i'm kinda partial to Kacey right now I feel, but she has a slight yodel in her voice, though hers is better than Tim's right now. His voice is pretty bad so i'm rooting for Kacey right now. When they sing together, they sound fine, but because Kacey's voice is shining. Blake feels Kacey has a growth within her, which I should really re-word sorry, but that's pretty much what he said. Right now it's sounding like Kacey is the one to advance ... ... commercial ... ...

Adam chose Kacey. I agree with this choice. It's sad that Tim has come to yet another 'almost', but if you ain't got the voice, you ain't got the voice. In this case, It's easy to tell that she wasn't just chosen because of her beauty. She Does have a great voice.





Cilo is next Vicki Martinez and Nicki Dawson were his choices. Vicki and Nicki. Cute! Monica was Cilo's choice for a guest judge. I just discovered her music. I guess they are singing the edited version of P!nk's song 'F*&^ing Perfect.' This is truly a beautiful song. At a time when P!NK could have just written another song about an orgasm, she decided to go against the mainstream and make a song about feeling better about yourself. That's a winner in my book. I found a song by Kelly Rowland where it's about rooting her boyfriend on during sex. Mazel tov! ...commercial...

Sorry it was difficult to see what they are both wearing with the quick angle changes but one is wearing pants that look like Nicki is wearing a purple tank top with black pants. Vicki is wearing ugly pants that look like nylons and a black old lady sweater. Regardless of outfit though, I think Nicki did the best and I could see her as a successful R&B singer. Cilo chose...VICKI? WHAT???????????? OMG YOU HAVE GOT TO BE JOKING!! NICKI WAS SUPERB AND GREAT. I sure hope someone gives her a record deal. Cilo said something about 'seeing about her' so she may get a record deal yet and she better, this is atrocious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment